READING SCRIPTURE TOGETHER
“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105
As Christians, we call the Bible “God’s Word” because we believe that God Himself speaks to us in the pages of Scripture by the Holy Spirit, and helps us grow in the image of Christ.
As Covenanters, we particularly value reading God’s Word together, so that God can use Scripture to shape us not only as individuals, but also as a community.
We hope you’ll join us!
WHAT ARE WE READING? Each day, we’ll read short passages that complement each other from the Old Testament, New Testament and Book of Psalms.
HOW DO I JOIN? Get your schedule in the way that works best for you:
- Paper – Call the church office (815-875-2124) and ask for a printed schedule to be mailed to you, pick one up during office hours, or print out a copy here.
- Online – Visit dailylectio.net. Be sure to select the “Complementary” schedule.
- App – Download the DailyLectio app in the App Store or on Google Play. Be sure to select the “Complementary” schedule.
WHO’S WITH ME? If you wish, you can connect with others who are reading:
- Sign up for a Fall Connections partner. These informal relationships are flexible, and would be a great place to talk about what you’re reading (phone and in-person options available)
- Join the ECC Princeton Bible Reading Group on Facebook. Post comments, ask questions, or share a prayer.
- Stay tuned for Pastor Derek’s devotionals later this fall, which will sometimes reflect on a passage from recent readings.