(Sundays, Birth – Age 2)
Our nursery provides safe, loving care for infants and toddlers up to age 3 for the full length of the service (9:00 am service only). We show the love of Jesus through gentle play and kind words. Parents are given a pager so nursery volunteers can easily call if necessary. Safety is our top priority, and all adult volunteers submit to routine background checks.
(Sundays, Pre-K – 6th Grade)
During the 9:00 am worship service, children age 3 and up are invited to a time of age-appropriate discipleship in our MissionKids classrooms. Two classes are currently available:
- Preschool MissionKids (ages 3-5) is offered for the entire service, giving children an opportunity to enjoy free play, hear a Bible story, and learn more about God through simple age-appropriate activities. Located on the lower level in the Happy Hands Preschool.
- Elementary MissionKids (grades 1-6) starts in the sanctuary. Children worship with their families during the first half of the service, allowing us to teach them how to participate in worship with the whole congregation. For the second half of the service, children will be invited to a classroom where they can explore Scripture and prayer while building relationships with other children:
- Grades 1-3 meet in Room A.
- Grades 4-6 meet in Room C.
FIRST SUNDAYS: Our Elementary MissionKids class will not be held on the First Sunday of each month. Instead, we worship together so we can celebrate the Lord’s Supper as a church family and also give children extra opportunities to participate in the service if they wish. You may see kids leading the call to worship, reading Scripture, or serving in other ways.
(Wednesdays, Pre-K – 6th Grade)
February 1 – March 22, 2023
CovKids meets Wednesdays from 6:15-7:30 pm during the school year for kids to grow closer to God and each other by exploring the Bible, singing, praying, and playing together. We make noise, we have fun, and we learn more about the God who made us, loves us, and wants to be with us all the time. PreK through 4th graders start together for worship in a big group, then split into age-graded classrooms for Bible stories and other activities. Separate boys’ and girls’ classes for 5th & 6th graders allow them to explore the Bible while building friendships with other young Christians. For more information, visit our Facebook page, or contact Pastor Jessica.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL | June 12-16, 2023
Vacation Bible School is a highlight of our church year. Stay tuned for more information about our plans for summer 2023, when kids entering kindergarten through fifth grade will explore the Bible, sing songs, play games, eat snacks, and do crafts – all to help them grow in their faith! (For kids entering sixth grade or above, there will be plenty of opportunities to get involved by serving, too!)
Registration will open in April.
Kids meet God at camp, which is why we’re so grateful for our two Central Conference campgrounds: Covenant Harbor Bible Camp (Lake Geneva, Wisconsin) and Covenant Point Bible Camp (Iron River, Michigan). We encourage and support families who participate in the summer and winter camp opportunities offered at both of these ministries.
Financial assistance is available in two forms.
- The Christian Camp Scholarship is available for all ECC campers, and may be used once per calendar year. Forms are located outside the church office, or download a form here.
- The Covenant Camp Grant is funded by donations or fundraisers, and may be requested by the children of members/friends of the church who attend regularly. It can be used once per calendar year to help pay for a Covenant Summer Camp. Forms are located outside the church office, or download a form here.
For more information, contact Pastor Jessica.
SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES
Families, we want to support you as you grow in faith with your children, whether that means helping you to welcome a new child, meeting with you to discuss your child’s baptism or dedication, praying with your kids when they are sick or grieving, or helping you in your search for Biblical resources for parenting. You can always contact Pastor Jessica for information, or even set up a conversation to talk about how we can walk with your family in your particular situation.
You can also find helpful resources from our ECC denomination on topics like worshiping with kids, celebrating communion, baptism, and more here.